The first Baptist services held in the village were held in a house owned by Thomas Luckham from about 1800. In 1814 the site of the present chapel was purchased and the Church was opened in 1815.  The church was linked with Kingsbridge Baptist Church up to 28th March 1839.  After that date the church worshipped as a separate fellowship and appointed its first minister in 1839.
On 26th and 28th September 1872 special services were held to celebrate the re-opening of the chapel after alterations and the completion of the new Sunday school premises.

Personal histories and more can be found in the drop down menu

Validate GEO-TAGs